Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Marginal Value

Today I was reading the book that is going to be used for my college, entitled "Price Theory and Its Application." Very interesting book,eventhough some part of the ideas I don't really get. I just learnt about marginal value. Remember, in economics there is no free lunch...in order to get something you need to let go something else. So,marginal value is a value that you need to let go if you want to get one unit of something. Let's say for me a marginal value for 1 slice of pizza is 10 tons of beansprout. It means i will let go 1 slice of my pizza only for 10 tons of beansprout in trade. Hehehe eventhough i don't like beansprout (actually i hate them) i think i can get great income from 10 tons of them .
So,i start to think about marginal values i put for each thing in my life. Starting from my family, friends,my ministries and my relationship with God. How valuable they are is determined by how big the value i give to each one of those things. The bigger the value the less chance i'm gonna loose it, and it works the opposite way too, the less the value it's more likely i'm gonna loose it.
In the past, I gave my family a relatively low value. I gave up my 2 hour time with my family for 3 hours playing soccer. Then i also gave up 1 hour talking with my little sis for 2 hours watching a soccer game on tv....yeah i know i was wrong. Right after i moved away to US, i realized that my family is much more important than things that i put in priority before...but thx God, I still have a chance to renew my marginal value for my family.
Well, then i start to think about my marginal value for my relationship with God.....ooohhhh how much i want to say that my marginal value for that is unlimited...meaning i won't give up my relationship with God for anything. But honestly that's not the case....untill i faced some horrible phase that is the silentness of God...then i start crying and looking for God again....yup...even up to this moment of time i'm still in that struggle.....Quoting from somebody (i forget the name, heheheh)"I don't love God, I don't even want to love God, but I want to want to love God"

P.S: it is originally posted on August 24, 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment